John Kolaga, NYSBA Environmental Committee Member, is presenting The “New Normal” for TENORM (Technically-Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material) in New York, on Thursday, February 25th.
The environmental practice in Western New York continues to evolve, with its industrialized legacy driving the need for practitioners to stay on top of regional-based considerations. This program highlights a handful of these issues, while also focusing on some of the innovative ways that lawyers, consultants, and stakeholders in the region have managed them.
- 8:35 am – 8:45 am – Welcome
- 8:45 am – 9:15 am – Keynote Address
- 9:15 am – 10:15 am – Buffalo’s Award Winning Green Code: Development and Application
- 10: 15 am – 10:25 am – Break
- 10:25 am – 11:25 am – The New Normal on TENORM: What You Need to Know.
- 11:25 am – 12:25 pm – NYS Brownfield Tax Credit Program: Audit Defense and Hot Topics
- 12:25 pm – 12:30 pm – Closing and Farewell
The virtual CLE runs from 8:30am-12:30pm
$75.00 for Members of the Environmental & Energy Law Section
(Total CLE Credits 3.0)
Free to law students
- Chair: Nick Ward-Willis, Chair, Environmental and Energy Law Section, and Principal Member of Keane & Beane, P.C.
- Program Chair: Mike Hecker, Partner, Hodgson Russ LLP
- Speaker: Sen. Sean M. Ryan, New York State Senator, 60th Senate District
- Speaker: Michael Lesakowski, Principal and Senior Project Manager Benchmark Environmental Engineering and Science PLLC and Turnkey Environmental Restoration LLC
- Speaker: Joseph Endres, Partner, Hodgson Russ LLP
- Speaker: Jeffrey Stravino, Partner, Hodgson Russ LLP
- Speaker: Patrick Martin, P.E., BCEE, Associate and Senior Consultant, Golder Associates
- Speaker: Nadine Marrero, Director of Planning, City of Buffalo
- Speaker: Robert Knoer, The Knoer Group, PLLC
- Speaker: John Kolaga, Partner, Rupp Baase Pfalzgraf Cunningham LLC